September 28, 2024

Misconceptions of Life

 Far too many of us do not realize that we cannot do anything to earn God's favor. When He chooses to call us unto Himself for salvation, at that moment we have already obtained our position of being with Christ. We cannot forget the position He has prepared for us. It is by grace we are saved, through faith, and not of ourselves. It is a gift of God. It requires our faith in God and who He is and belief that He is powerful enough and capable enough to make us righteous by the sacrifice of His son which covers us like clothing. It is really only one action that is required of us-to humble ourselves. In this humility, we can each take up our own cross (die to ourself and selfish ambition) daily- its not something that just happens; we choose to humble ourselves and set aside our fleshy desires, asking God to give us a heart to follow His will and His plan and His design for our life. Only then can He fill us with the Holy Spirit which gives us the strength to live according to God's will for us. There is nothing greater or better. Look at the promises of God which Christ revealed to us. We do not need to claim them, they are already promised to us! And He who promised is faithful!! Once we become heirs of God's righteousness through Jesus Christ, His son, we already live in all the spiritual blessings in the heavenlies. We have already obtained our position with Christ. We only need to choose to sit at His table every moment of everyday. God will not force us to take a seat, but He will meet us at the front door and open it when we knock. If we have ever left home thinking we knew better or could do better, He will likely be sitting on the porch waiting for the moment He sees our head pop over the far off hill so He can come running to greet us with a warm embrace. If we have any other view of our Heavenly Father than this, then we are sinfully misunderstanding Him by not knowing Him. We treat Him as if He is someone He is not and that hurts His heart oh so deeply. He longs to love us and be with us and give us good things. God is love. That's simply (yet also profoundly) His nature! 

This season of my life which I have not expected seems to come with two extremes.  One, there is heavy spiritual warfare that seems constant and creates this atmosphere of  friction and condemnation towards me. Seemingly wherever I go I am treated with hostility and untrustworthiness as if I am up to something or highly secretive. I literally have nothing to hide. Two, I walk with my God who is my fortress and my Rock in whom I take refuge. He has shown me His love beyond all measure and continues to do so in everything around me; from my mom and my friends who truly, deeply care about me to my new church family and all the blessing He provides- from peace that surpasses all understanding to the assurance of my life being held in His hands where absolutely nothing can separate me from His love. 

How metaphorically and awesomely accurate is the timing of this hurricane remnant passing through which only reminds me that as long as I keep God at the center of everything I do, and truly keep Him as my focus, it is like the eye of the storm--where I can live and reside in calm serenity while the walls of the eye (God and His protection) surround me from the prevailing, destructive, stormy winds swirling in any and every direction. I can simply just be still, know that He is God and ride out the storm with Him. Does it make sense? Not really. But do hurricanes make sense? Not really. Who can explain that in the middle is calm and peace and quiet? Thats just how it is. Thats just how God is and if everything on the earth is made to bring all glory and honor and praise to Him, then what doesn't seem to make sense, makes sense! 

Oh the grandeur and splendor of the love of God and all He is to me. May I never grow weary of bringing Him glory and honor and praise due Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment