May 31, 2013

Live Life Abundantly

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that is why it is called the present."

I've been in search of something new. Something different than the typical mundane. I was feeling as if I've failed. However, looking back, I realize that its in the journey that I am finding what I'm searching for.

Just the other day, I took a new route home. Number eight, all the way, cutting across a small town to finally get home. The things that I discovered (although they had been there a while) were exciting and new, grasping my interest and quenching my thirst only for a moment. The next day, I decided to drive a while, taking a familiar route. Looking up from my familiar way, I thought--I wonder where that leads...
so I took the new route. To my amazement, it happened to lead me directly to my favorite bridge in my city :) I'm not talking any bridge, it is my FAVORITE bridge. It's an indescribable blue, bright and beautiful, but that day--it was the most beautiful I had ever seen it. Also known as the "singing bridge", I was now on it. It wasn't new, but in exploring a new route, I found something that meant so much to me.

So now, I have decided to challenge myself. Not something huge, but something to help me feel the abundance of life. I know that I have the choice to live life more abundantly, therefore I so choose.

This morning, I took a walk to enjoy the morning, and enjoy is exactly what I did.

Now, for the challenge: I'm giong to try something new until I've tried 100 new things. I hope to fill my summer with exciting adventures, and discover what all is around me. Instead of closing myself off to the world around me, I'm going to live in the moment and make each day it's very own. I'm not sure what I hope to find, or if I will find anything, but that's not the point. The point is to be at one with the universe, without a care in the world, living for and feeling the moment. Someone recently helped me to realize the importance of feeling things. I hope he knows that he helped to prove all things dead inside can be revived; I just have to be open to it. Words cannot express how meaningful my time with him has been and just how truly grateful I am to what he's taught me in such a short time, most likely without his knowledge. For now, I can only say thank you.

Three down, 97 more new things to experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment