Lately, there has been news of many people passing and anniversaries of those who have already passed have come again. It can be discouraging, however, I feel an urgency to set new dreams and goals for myself. Ever since I visited Korea, I have felt accomplished, though sort of lost at the same time. It took me three years to fulfill a promise to my friends, but I eventually did it--as I intended. Now, I'm almost searching for new adventures, but yet my heart is not longing for distant adventures; it seems my heart is settling and longing for the sense of home and family all the more.
I've been fortunate to find a job close to home, that I truly enjoy most days; I get to see my community and those neighboring it. It's actually starting to feel like "home" which is something I've not been able to experience for at least ten years. The feeling of a sojourner is fading and I feel I have reason to stay in one place. I can't begin to describe the comfort of security and how refreshing it is to taste it. It's leaving me thirsty for more. How does one find "home"? Can it be found? Do you just build it? Do circumstances enable or hinder it? Can it truly feel like "home" if there's only you?
I'm starting to actually realize what I truly want from life. I've never really wanted anything for myself until recently; I've never really done anything for myself, until now. Again, I sense the urgency to be all that I can be, here and now. I just wonder, how do I do it? What do I do? Which path do I chose? Is there a wrong path? What if it's just a fork in the road where either decision takes me forward to wonderful things, but I must only choose one? What will I miss by not taking the other road? How will I know that the road I choose is the one that will truly make me most happy--most successful? What is success? How is it measured? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the journey; there's so much that I enjoy, how do I just choose one thing?
I just feel like life is waiting on me. I must take a step, any step--forward. It will require faith, for the end result is unknown. For once, I feel like I cannot see the end result, but if I don't take a step at all, then what is being offered will soon be relinquished.
Life awaits...I must begin. Just take a step. Now. Let life carry me through the unknown.

No comments:
Post a Comment