The Word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, sayting,
Arise, and go down to the potter's house and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? Saith the Lord. Behold, as the caly is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
Today we had our second dose of classes: Korean Politics and Language again. The political part was very informative, and interesting. The language class is very helpful...I'm already beginning to recognize some things. After class, we went to make our own pottery in Incheon. We visited the ceramics museum first, then we headed down to get creative! I actually took a picture of a palace and doodled it onto my ceramic piece...just to have a "home-made" souvenir! It's going to be difficult getting it back to the states without it breaking, though! I had so much fun with the pottery today. We even got to try the pottery wheel like the scripture describes above. It was really interesting and neat!
What was really fun was trying to understand the woman who was leading our pottery making, because she spoke Korean (obviously). She would come by and one-by-one explain what you needed to do with actions. Even though I had no clue what she was saying I was able to make sense of it enough to finish! I did have some help from the other helper, though. She really helped my piece to look smooth and sturdy--I never quite got the hang of it.
Now, as we're chilling, we have ordered pizza. I just have to laugh, because its so strange to go to a foreign country and have my native cuisine! I feel bad, too, but I'm sure they want to make us feel as welcomed as possible. I have found a couple of good dishes that aren't too spicy. Tonight we had a splendid meal, but since most everything was spicy, I didn't try to eat much of it. Something I really enjoy (even though it is sometimes not the most comfortable) is how they sit on the floor to eat. You remove your shoes and all sit together at the table. Technically, you're supposed to keep conversation to a minimum, but when it's all friends, it's a little different.
Tomorrow we visit KBS a Korean film company. Should be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment