Had a very refreshing nap just a few moments ago...made myself wake up, because I realized that my body wants me to sleep now, like I was back at home. I didnt' sleep for very long last night, waking up every few hours, trying to make myself sleep. But at least I've been able to get some sleep! Had a Korean breakfast this morning...I have to say, I'm not really prepared to have spicy/seasoned rice for every meal just yet. It was delicious, but I was not ready for it.
Coffee here tastes the same, if not better. It was quite refreshing as well. The coffee shop was very nice, and they were playing Christian music...one of my favorite songs--How Great Thou Art. About 25 percent of S.Koreans are of Christian religion; this was included in an information packet we were given as a welcome gift. Very informative of all the religions and foods and social etiquette.
It's been very nice getting to know the other girls and learning about their culture. We've talked about our interests and what has led us here to S.Korea. There are 22 participants in the Summer program this year, and this is actually only the second year for the program. Six of us are from the US, five from Thailand, three from Malaysia, and the rest from S.Korea; quite a mix of cultures. Official orientation is tonight, with classes starting in the morning.
Until next time, God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment