I was so pumped when I woke up; the day had finally come! I am on my way to S.Korea...or so I thought. After getting everything loaded up and ready to go by 630, I realized I needed my insurance card. I knew just where to look...or so I thought. After looking four times all over the house, I was undoubtedly going to be late to the airport. After a slight panic mode, I told myself, "God will provide, because I'm supposed to go on this trip!" So once mom made her authority known, the papers showed up right on top of my piano...not where I had left them, by the way. Needless to say, I started my day in continuous prayer (not the type of continuous prayer I'd hope for, though). I was so very thankful, and so very stressed that once I got to the airport, I just went on in and checked my bags and everything. I was waiting for everyone inside, while they were waiting for me in the Lobby. Miscommunication #1.
Taking off for Detroit, we had boarded a puddle jumper, but we each got our own row, since there weren't very many people on the flight. We started on time, and arrive early. It was only a 40 minute flight. Right before landing, we started counting swimming pools...and most of them were inground. Landed a little rough, but about right for the small plane. Next, we boarded the flight to S.Korea. It was not a small plane, in the least bit. The terminal or walkway connecting the different terminals was so neat! They had syncronized music with a long hallway of lights!
The flights wasn't bad at all. I had forgotten just how much I loved to fly! The power of it...phenomenal! Take off was superb. Landing scared me just a bit, though. However, flying over Alaska and the arctic, so breathtakingly beautiful! Watched a couple of movies including UP, North by Northwest, a few episodes of my favorite TV show, all for free! It was all complimentary! I was able to get a couple of hours of shut eye, but not much. (It's about to catch up with me for real!)
Once we got to the airport, it wasn't much of anything to worry about and got our luggage pretty much right away. Other than the fact that it was 2 am home time and I didn't feel comfortable calling then, it was all good! From there, we bussed over to Seoul to find the places we're staying (not on campus, evidently, but close enough). The everyday architecture is beautiful! So many neat bridges and tunnels!...and the MOUNTAINS. Boy are they something else! They are just neat!
I would have to say, though, the highlight of my trip so far, has been seeing Yu-mi! As we were eating in a little food place down the street from the University, her and Mi Yeoung met up with me to say hello! I almost cried, but it was just so good to see them, that joy overwhelmed me. Them and a few others work at the University, so on a free day, probably this weekend, we will all get to hang out agian! I can't wait!
It still hasn't hit me that I'm in a whole nother part of the world. I thought it would feel strange, being in a place I don't recognize the language, or know what people are saying until/unless they speak english; but the truth is, it doesn't feel any different...it just looks a little different. I'm sure the longer I'm here, the more acclamated I'll become and start to really feel like I'm halfway around the world. :)
To all my family and friends back in the States, I'm safe, and I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July! Turning in for the night...
Peace to all, and God Bless! Thanks for all the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment