In order to get home we had to wait for a bus, but at least we were some of the first one's on (that meant we got seats) since we had at least an hour to travel. I was sitting with Rebecca while Tina and Sue were behind us. On the second stop, some strange guy pushed his way back at stopped at our seats. I was almost asleep when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I look up and it was the strange guy...he acted like it wasn't him. In the process of him tapping my shoulder, he managed to disturb Rebecca's hair. We both freaked out! I couldn't tell if he was sleeping, or if he was hammered (but probably a little bit of both). The guy kept falling asleep, or falling over and looking at us. The thing that bothered me was when he stared at Sue with a strange smirk on his face. I got so mad, I wanted to punch him in the face...but I just stared him down instead. Emma, one of our Korean buddies was looking out for us and told him no to bother us. He told her he was drunk and apologized in English. In my opinion, he wasn't drunk, but he had been drinking. I felt he knew what he was doing and I was real uncomfortable. He got off at the next stop and we were able to enjoy the rest of our ride home.
When we arrived at the subway station, we transferred a couple of times. During the wait, we were all goofing off due to being slap-happy. By this time, it's nearly 12am and we are exhausted! Once we got to our last subway station, we headed up to street level and discovered it was raining! I didn't care, so i just walked around in the rain. It was so refreshing--besides, I love Seoul in the rain! The day couldn't have ended better!
I've had some serious thinking this evening, regarding the "drunk" guy and some other conversations we've had throughout our stay here. Regarding the drunk guy, I thought about how ashamed he might have felt to not have control over his actions--given he really was drunk. Then I thought, "Wow, he must really have some massively deep hurt in his life as his motive for getting smashed." It was strange how my heart just broke for him. I mean, initially I was totally freaked out and ready to utilize the Taekwondo we learned (no lie); but once I thought about it and I tried to see where he was coming from, I found it so sad that I took some action by praying for him. I can't imagine being at a point where I feel like there is no hope.
On a lighter note, I was also thinking back to an evening when some of us went out for dinner and hung out afterwards. We were talking about what the first thing is that we look for when meeting someone of dating interest. I was surprised at how many said something about chemistry, or just a feeling. I, too, used to look for chemistry or a feeling, but I finally learned that it isn't always based on feelings (much like my relationship with God). It's more about the relationship and the person than about how you feel, because the feeling isn't always going to be there. One can't rely on feelings, because feelings change so quickly. I think that when a relationship is based on feelings, it is most vulnerable to failure. Not that I'm saying there shouldn't be any chemistry, but it shouldn't be solely based on it. If you don't feel it, it doesn't make it any less true or real...you simply just don't feel it at the moment; doesn't change the reality any. God is still God, even though I don't always feel his presence. I know He is still working in my life, regardless of how I feel.
Free day tomorrow...sort of. I have plans to meet my Korean Language teacher and go play the piano around 1pm. I cannot wait! I know that once I play, I will feel like myself again! I miss playing and singing and all the gifts the good Lord has blessed me with! Then, I have plans to meet my friends again and stay with them overnight. We'll be headed back to Insadong and some other places! I can't wait!
Until next time, God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment