July 19, 2011

Beautiful Days

Yesterday we climbed yet another mountain :) I have experienced a major jump start for when I return home. I definitely think 6 flights of stairs without stopping will be possible by the time I leave (No kidding) Between the subway stations and the mountains, home is looking so beautiful right now. I'm ready for the gorge again!
We "took a stroll on the hillsides" of Seoul, in a small "hilltop" park ("mountain"). It was nice, but didn't really feel all that much worth the view. What sold me was the group of elementary kids that couldn't get over seeing foreigners. Priceless! We could also see Seoul's highest peak from the park, which was pretty awesome!

Today we had two classes, had a wonderful lunch, and took off for Seoul Tower (I'd post the pictures, but my camera batteries are dead). We got to see the 'old Seoul' and 'new Seoul'. The northern part of the city is where the University lies, which is considered the old Seoul. The new Seoul is the south, beyond the Han river. It never used to be the city, but it has been expanded. It was a breath-taking view of the city within the mountains!
 



At the tower, there is a famous place for couples to take a lock with a message and place it there. It is supposed to be a symbol of their undying love for each other. It may seem a little juvenile to some, but I think its kind of interesting.

After visiting Seoul Tower, we were supposed to head to nandaemun market, but reverted to just the ballpark. Across from the ballpark was an olympic stadium. I don't know if it was for the olympics already hosted, or the olympics that Seoul will host in 2018. However, the stadium was simply awesome! In the background/beyond the stadium, were the mountains, in plain view. I have to say it's one of the most beautiful ballparks I've ever been to...




The game was pretty cool, and my camera has some pretty awesome zoom action! Caught some sweet pics of the pitchers for the Doosan Bears (the team we were rooting for). Something very interesting at the stadium was there were definate sides for teams. If you are not a fan of the team, you don't sit on that side of the stadium! It was kind of cool, because when the team of your section got up to bat, everyone in that specified area started cheering. I thought American's loved baseball--heck no! American's don't get into the game near as much as Koreans do! However, it was so good to see a baseball park again...it has been so long! (I have to admit though, I was missing me some Votto).
 


Another busy day tomorrow. I think we have an official dinner with the main chairperson of the International Affairs of Hansung. Some of the participating students will wear their traditional dress/costumes, and the Koreans will also do a traditional dance or performance.

So much to do this last sight-seeing week! Next week we prepare for presentations and papers! Until next time, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment