I had a great weekend, this weekend. I got to play piano for a brief time, and eat a subway sandwich shortly after--subway never tasted so good! After that, I went to chill with my friend Yumi and spend some more time in Insadong for shopping. By the time we got through eating the stores were already starting to close up. I was still able to get a few things, but it feels much like a thrift store; they have many of the same items that you just have to sift through to find the best price and quality. I'm not much of a shopper anyway, but it was still fun!
Sunday I visited my friend Kyeongmi's church. It was pretty neat, because I recognized the music and could hum along to it :) I didn't understand what was being said, but I loved the passage. It was about the woman and the vessels, where the oil didn't stop until all the vessels were filled. What's really cool, was I was just thinking of that scripture the day before, so I know that God laid it on my heart! After church, we went to Itaewon, a "westernized" city for the military base near-by. I found myself not really enjoying the atmostphere, because there were so many people speaking english! I have already gotten used to hearing the Korean language all around me, and not understanding what's being said; I had such a hard time talking and listening, because it felt like sensory overload! All of a sudden I can understand the things around me and my mind had to learn to block it out again! So strange! I think it was good, though, so I know what to expect when I get home.
I missed the trip to Chun-gae stream, but I'm hoping to go this week sometime :) We have our group presentations and our individual papers to write, so we're still busy, but things are definitely coming to a close. I find myself not ready to leave, even though I miss home so much!
A few more hours of language class today, the Han river cruise tomorrow, then presentations and home...bittersweet :)
No comments:
Post a Comment