March 1, 2015

Purposefully Feminine: It's Good to Be a Girl

Shirer spoke into my life with this particular segment. It's not something I've never known, but to the contrary, what I've always known; it's just difficult to remember my own value and seeing myself the way God sees me. This is what I've been trying to do--see myself the way God sees me. I am in a class that is a bit of a capstone for my bachelor's degree, forcing me to focus on myself. The goal of the class is to recognize my strengths and have a plan to be able to use them in my future endeavors as a "manager". I can see God's hand in it so boldly, because He's teaching me that I need to love others and see the beauty in them that God has made them with; the same beauty that He's made me with. The words that Shirer wrote are as follows:

"'God created man in His own image...He created them male and female' (Genesis 1:27) You, as a woman, are worth neither less nor more than your male counterparts. You are different, obviously, but only in function, not in value.
...
...
But you, sister, are not only an equal partner in the created order; you have been called 'good' by God Himself--'very good' (v. 31)

And not just good but necessary.

Adam alone couldn't accomplish the tasks assigned to mankind by the Creator. Man was in need of a partner, someone who could help him fulfill his mandate. Without her, these endeavors would go undone.

So from the beginning,  God placed a mark of importance on women. They were (1) good because they bore His image and (2) necessary in the achievement of His purposes on earth. Look around you at the sphere of influence the Lord has placed you within. This circle of people and circumstances is in need of you. The touch, experience, wisdom, and feminine heart you bring into these arenas are all required if their outcome is to be what He has purposed it to be. You are not an addendum, a last-minute afterthought that can be tossed out without notice. Without your participation and input, much will be lacking. This was God's intention."

Most recently, and quite often, I experience things that  tell me I am not valuable. However, I MUST remember that those encounters are NOT God's truth. That even when I feel inadequate or I've messed up, God's grace is bigger than even me and He truly values me and my efforts. I am so thankful to God that I was wonderfully and purposefully made and that He cares about even the tiniest detail of my life. His Grace surely is sufficient for me...

"here's my heart, Lord, speak what is true."

No comments:

Post a Comment