August 31, 2014

Gentle Reminder...

We all need a reminder every once in a while... Today was my gentle little reminder about God's love. Not for me, but that I'm supposed to show it to others; not just when I feel like it, but ALL the time. It can be exhausting, that's true. However, during the wonderful sermon this morning, I thought of a book that helped me with a great mindset in approaching others that I work with, study with, even just simply encounter. I try to keep in mind that we have no idea what kind of an impact we may have on an individual at any given time or day. I think of the blessings in my life and know that God placed certain people in my path in a certain way, which I consider divine appointment. People come and go in our lives and we have no control of that, really...but I'm motivated to read through this wonderful book again as a reminder of not only all that God has done for me, but exactly what He can and wants to do for others through me. It's not that He needs me in order to reach those individuals, but that He chooses me to work on His behalf. I can either obey, or rebel. Giving in to God's plan is not easy, but looking at it one step at a time, starting with the little things (much opposite the slippery slope concept), it will not only become easier, but more like a lifestyle. If you have never read this book, or heard of the author (David Jeremiah)you're missing out! I know I'd like to read this again...it has really encouraged me to look beyond my faults and inadequacies to treat others the way God is calling me to treat them: with His love bestowed. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment