June 6, 2013

It's Official


Sometimes, its as if the choices I have to make are made for me. Sometimes, I just need a kick in the pants to do what I know I need to do; I'm truly my own worst enemy. I am actually ending the job I've held as a student worker, for the past THREE years. I'm quitting. The time has come to move on and start my career. I'm finally in a place where I can move up and move on, however I need to. I'm choosing a place with so many options, that I can actually stay for the remainder of my working career, which in the long run is probably less change than having to find a new job/career once I graduate. At least now, I will have plenty of time to learn the ropes to prepare me for once I finish my education (oh how sweet THAT day will be!). I had a difficult time the other day, actually making the decision; I've been through so much with these people, and we've truly become great friends, not just co-workers. We've laughed together, cried together, seen each other through some of our darkest and brightest days. They truly feel like family, and it's crazy that all of a sudden, I won't be seeing them on a regular basis anymore. I'm not very good with goodbyes--never have been, but I know this is a decision that will only better my future. Sometimes, these decisions have to be made.

Well, I've done it.Something new, but yet not a very happy one this time--at least not the leaving part.

No comments:

Post a Comment