Colossians 1: 9-14
For this reason, we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long-suffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. HE has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Colossians 4: 2-6
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile, praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I out to speak. Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
Psalm 89: 5-9, 11-12a
And the heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD; Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the saints. For who in the heavens can be compared to the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened to the LORD? God is greatly to be heard in the assembly of the saints, And to be held in reverence by all those around Him. O LORD God of hosts, who is mighty like you, O LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You. You rule the raging of the sea; When it's waves rise, You still them.
The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; the world and all its fullness You have founded them. The north and the south, You have created them;
I always enjoy being out in nature, to connect with God. It calms my soul and I feel ever more close to him. The constant waves reminds me of his faithfulness. I spent four hours sitting and listening. When I first arrived at the beach, it was a bit frigid and cold, the wind blowing steadily. I thought, I am going to stay and enjoy this view as long as I can. I wrapped myself up and sat waiting and watching, praying, loving God and conversing with Him. He showed His love to me in a myriad of ways. Although there were waves, they were shallow and slow, not amounting much in volume. I asked God if He would give bigger waves. I was just thinking of a few, but boy did He out-give, just as is His way of doing things. The sun came out, began to warm the waters off-shore and the BIGGEST waves began rolling in. The hardest part was my phone died before I could capture His goodness. Honestly, I think He just wanted me to drink in His love.
What I am learning most is to persevere. To trust Him like none other, because what He says, He will do. God does not lie. I cannot ignore what He is saying to my soul, this day nor any other. Nor do I ever want to. He truly is good all the time. I know He has my best interest at heart. What overwhelming love of God! We can truly trust the God who created the universe and controls the wind and waves and sun, so that they appear and work according to His guidance. How much He loves us and how high, and deep and long and wide is the love of Christ!
Something God showed me was I was being enabled to fulfill my high calling and reach others for Him. While I did not understand the darkness He had me go through, I stayed ever so close to Him, growing in Trust and love for my one and only savior. I miss the closeness, but I do not miss the trial. He has given me newfound understanding that now I am equipped to see what I didn't understand fully, before. He has taught me that He will undoubtedly bring me through anything!
My spirit most definitely knew, but I did not have the knowledge. God definitely provided. I was able to recognize what He taught me a week or so ago, being able to set a boundary in my life that I didn't know I needed until then. I had so much clarity in the moment that I knew without a doubt what was occurring. With the new boundary set, God even provided me a metaphor to know that I was on the right track, without me having to second guess myself showing me that I was finally released of a very long grip and shadow over my life. I saw it before, but I didn't understand the importance of getting the influence out of my own life, only someone else who was impacted by a similar thing.
I am so very thankful and I feel I do not have enough days to give praise to God! Therefore, I just want to say, Great is the Lord and He is greatly to be praised!
No comments:
Post a Comment